Scorpions are some of the desert’s most persistent and frustrating pests. Not only do they deliver painful stings that can cause serious welling and discomfort, but their tenacity makes them extremely difficult to keep at bay.
Scorpions have been known to enter homes riding on suitcases, clothing, shopping bags, and plenty more, and they can be difficult to remove once inside. Dealing with these pests is a challenging task, but it’s one the team at Mountain View Pest Control is up for.
Our Las Vegas scorpion control experts know how to handle the unique test of scorpion prevention, and we offer the finest available options for home and business owners alike.
At Mountainview Pest Control, we care about our customers so we go out of our way to deliver the best solutions for both short and long-term scorpion relief and prevention. When we say the best, we mean it, and we stand by that by offering free re-treatments if you aren’t satisfied with your service.
“Reasonable prices for excellent work.”- Emma L.
“Great customer service and they get the problem taken care of.”- Malise S.
“Great service!”- Todd T.
“Mountain View Pest Control came to our rescue.”- Malcolm S.
“I highly recommend them!”- Louis M.
“Discussed options and made recommendations.”- Rose B.
Exclusion refers to installing and creating defensive barriers that keep pests out of your property, be it a home or business. Excluding scorpions from your property is a trickier challenge because traditional exclusion methods like pest barriers don’t work all that well on them.
Because they walk on small feet, toxic barriers that would eliminate other pests will barely slow scorpions down. And because of their ability to sneak in, they often show up in the most undesirable places.
Where Do Scorpions Hide?
We treat for scorpions in hotspot locations, including:
- Outdoor furniture
- Near potted plants
- Under garden equipment
- Beneath rocks
Scorpions are particularly menacing looking and often give people a significant fright. With their large, pincer-equipped arms and long tail with a large stinger, it’s easy to imagine why someone would want to keep them as far away as possible.
How To Get Rid Of Scorpions In Las Vegas
A scorpion's intimidating stinger is typically an unwanted sight anywhere near your home. Although most scorpion stings are not lethal, one to look out for is the bark scorpion, which is native to Nevada and other Southwestern states.
When scorpions lurk anywhere in your home or garage, they are usually looking for easy food, a warm place to sleep, or a place to hide from the elements. They can be difficult to remove, so be prepared with these methods at the first indication of an infestation and know when to pay someone to do it for you.
Tips for removing scorpions from your property:
- Use scorpion insecticide -- follow the instructions and apply it where needed.
- Use a UV black light to check for scorpions hiding in your yard and kill them -- check under rocks, window sills, and areas with debris such as piles of wood, rain gutters, shoe closets, etc.
- Remove the scorpions’ food source -- clean your garage or outdoor areas of your home regularly so that small bugs cannot make nests.
- Set sticky traps in areas of your home where scorpions have been spotted -- it may also help to place traps where other small pests have been seen.
- Spray the foundation of your home with insecticide to kill other small insects, which are most likely the scorpions’ food source.
- Maintain your yard regularly to remove scorpions’ favorite hiding places -- consider keeping any landscaping at least 2 feet away from your home.
- Seal up any cracks or holes in your home or foundation -- add weatherstripping to any outside doors so scorpions can’t get in, caulk interior gaps, and ensure that your window screens are tight and do not have tears.
- Trap and relocate scorpions -- use a glass jar to trap the scorpion and cover the mouth with cardstock, then move the scorpion to a different location. Be sure to wear long, thick gloves to protect yourself from a scorpion sting.
- Act as soon as possible to prevent a scorpion infestation.
If you do not want to deal with any scorpions directly or simply call your local scorpion pest control experts near you in Las Vegas at Mountain View Pest Control. We offer free service quotes and have successfully served both residential and commercial properties since 2006. For customized scorpion control with lasting results, call us at (702) 568-1857 today!
Why Choose Mountainview Pest Control
Whether you want to begin a preventative program or eliminate an existing scorpion infestation, our professional team is here to get the job done right. Equipped with state-of-the-art tools and technology, no pest control job is too big or too small for our experts to take on.
When you choose our Las Vegas scorpion removal team, you can expect:
- 100% customer service guarantee
- Great prices and automatic credit card billing
- Free custom quotes
- Highly trained team of honest and dependable technicians
- Residential and commercial services
- Monthly or bi-monthly treatment program